Geelong Sustainability sees opportunities in challenges. Respectful of the current physical distancing rules, we’ve seized the opportunity to reinvent this year’s Sustainable House Day.
What’s planned for SHD2020?
Wednesday 16th September, 6.30-8.00pm - SHD Launch
This year our usual Green Drinks: Meet the Homeowners get together will be held via Zoom.
- We’ll showcase all the exemplar houses opening in SHD2020.
- We’ll introduce you the homeowners and some of the sustainable experts.
- We’ll open SHD registrations
Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 October, 11am-4.30pm - SHD2020 Zoominars
We know how much people value talking to the homeowners and experts, so we’ve designed our program to include this interaction and peer-to-peer learning in our virtual format. The day itself will include a line-up of live virtual sustainable house presentations and Q&A sessions with homeowners and sustainability experts.
Over the SHD weekend, we’ll host 8 x 1hr Zoom webinars with homeowners and subject matter experts to replicate the knowledge sharing of the face-to-face event. Participants will be able to submit questions online beforehand and during the event. We’ll record each session for future playback.
Saturday 24 & 31 October - Speed Date a Sustainable Expert
Two weeks after SHD, we’ll host over 40 speed dates via Zoom in which people can get advice from a range of subject matter experts.
- The panel of experts will include: architects, designers, energy assessors, builders, solar designers & installers, window suppliers, permaculture and gardening experts.
- During these 15min consultations, the sustainability experts will answer your specific questions and offer practical advice.
- People will be able to register for two dates at cost $5/date.
How can you get the most out of SHD2020?
Access the free information:
- Read about the open homes on our website.
- Watch the preview house videos to see their key features.
- Follow SHD updates via our SHD Facebook page @SHDgeelong.
Courtesy of our wonderful event sponsors, we’re halving the fee to Access to All Houses ~ now just $10
The full SHD experience presents a range of inspiring and detailed learning resources. The fees are excellent value at $5 per house or $10 for the whole program. After registering for specific house(s) or the full program, you’ll receive access the following resources:
- The homeowner’s story, photo gallery, detailed specification data for the selected house(s).
- View the 8-10min house tour video narrated by the homeowner.
- Submit questions online for the homeowner or experts to answer during the webinar.
- Attend the specific 1-hr webinar to be held over the 10-11 October weekend.
- After SHD, you’ll retain access to all these resources so you can revisit them at your leisure including the house tour video, online resources and webinar recording (in case you missed it on the day or want to watch again).