Living greener touches all aspects of our lives:
- the food we grow, buy and eat
- the energy we generate and save
- the houses we design, build and renovate
- the water we collect, save and use wisely
- the goods we choose to buy (or not to buy) and who we buy from
- whether or not we repair, re-use and recycle, and
- the methods of transport we choose.
On the following pages you will find ideas, resources, links, publications, websites, services, businesses, professionals and even apps that are contributing to the sustainability and liveability of our region, and that will help you and your family to live greener.
Where to start?
Sustainability Victoria’s Live Sustainably website has lots of useful information on saving energy and water, reducing waste and travelling smarter. It also has information on rebates and assistance as well as lifestyle guides and how-to’s for sustainable living.
It’s a very good place to start!
You can also browse the following Living Greener sections of our website for plenty of information and links to some fantastic resources.