Sustainable House Day Geelong 2019
Open the door to sustainable living by touring some of the regions most environmentally progressive homes on show at Sustainable House Day on Sunday 13 October 2019. There are 15 properties opening in Inverleigh, Batesford, Norlane, Hamlyn Heights, Newcomb, Highton, Portarlington, Ocean Grove, Pt Lonsdale, Torquay and Wensleydale. So you’ll need to do some homework to decide which homes to visit!
Sustainable highlights include:
- Energy efficient 7+ and 8+ star homes that require minimal active heating or cooling
- Straw bale passive solar homes where you can chat to the owner builders
- Work-in-progress renovations on older homes where you can see inside the walls
- Extra small and compact homes built to tight budgets and even tighter sites
- Retrofitted homes showcasing rooftop solar and battery systems providing energy freedom
- Loads of practical ways to reuse and upcycle materials and enjoy healthy sustainable lifestyles
- Retrosuburbia case studies where residents are retrofitting not only their homes and work but also their lives and community
- Chat to a young mum who survived living in a Dodge truck with 2 small children
- Productive edible and native gardens from modest suburban to large landscaped rural blocks
- An community building, urban farm with low cost retrofit ideas for renters
- Take house tours and chat to the onsite experts including designers, architects, builders, solar installers
- Visit our Sustainable House Day page for details on this year’s homes
- For regular news and updates, follow our special Facebook page /SHDgeelong
Will you come along this year? – Book below to get the address list emailed to you closer to the day.
Please Note: Entry fee on the day: $2 per house for adults, children free. Houses in & Around Geelong are open from 10am to 2pm. Houses on the Bellarine/Surf Coast are open from 1pm to 5pm.
This event has passed
1216 Has Sold