September Green Drinks – Solar Solutions to Energise Geelong
Theme: Solar Solutions to Energise Geelong
It’s been two years since we focused on rooftop solar and battery storage at Green Drinks. Given all that’s happening in the energy sector, we thought it was time to update and empower Geelong householders.
So we’ve assembled a panel of local renewable energy experts, accredited by the Clean Energy Council, to provide answers to the many current key FAQs:
* Should you get rooftop solar? * How big a system should you get? * Are all Tier 1 panels the same quality? * Are there options for tenants/landlords? * Should you put more panels up? * How does the new feed-in tariff change the economics? * How can you get the most from your solar system? * Should you get batteries or go off-grid? * Which type, how many and when?
- Robbie Nichols, Green Earth Electrical
- Phil Hapgood, Radiant Energy Systems
- Aaron Lewtas, Off Grid Energy Australia
- Suzie Brown, ReEnergise Geelong
Dan Cowdell, GS CORE Project (moderator)
Following the presentations, there’ll be an audience Q&A session. We’ve also invited all our energy sector business members to attend and set up small exhibits from 5.30pm. So come early to chat directly with them about your home. We’ll also have some interesting pop-ups about what’s new and happening in our region.
Don’t miss our next Green Drinks – we’re confident you’ll leave informed, connected and empowered!
Geelong Sustainability’s monthly social networking event – Geelong Green Drinks – is a great way to learn about what’s new and happening in our region and to connect with others working in the sustainability sector. Each year, we plan a diverse program with a mix of informative presentations, interactive workshops and enviro movies focused on key sustainability topics such as Energy, Waste, Environment, Food, Water, Housing and Community. Our monthly themes also align with specific principles in the One Planet Living framework.
We also provide several pop-up spots so people can promote future events, projects and campaigns. Contact the event organiser to book a spot. In 2017, Green Drinks will be normally held on the third Wednesday at Beav’s Bar.
Come along to Beav’s Bar and join in this fun and informative networking event. See you there!
Entry just $2 – Finger food provided – Drinks at bar prices
Please click “join this event” below for catering purposes. ($2 entry on the door).
This event has passed
1 Has Sold