Welcome to our
100% Electric Vehicle Project
Accelerating To A Clean Energy Future!
Like to Get Involved?
How about a TEST DRIVE (with an experienced EV owner) in the MG EV?
Shoot us an email on email@example.com to register your expression of interest.
We will then schedule the test drives in June/July.
Date: Saturday April 30, 2022
Time: 10.00 am-1.00 pm
Venue: Geelong Showgrounds
There will be a variety of electric vehicle makes and models on show.
Test Drives on offer in the MG Electric Vehicle + test rides on Electric Bikes.
This will be combined with a Circular Living Show, a must see event!
- Leadership in reducing the 18% transport emissions in the Geelong region
- Debunk myths by providing accurate EV information
- Offering ‘come and see’ test drives
- An opportunity to talk to experienced EV owners
- Provide information about affordable electric vehicles
- Updates on EV charging and Vehicle to Home and to Grid options
We recommend walking, cycling, public transport, car share and electric vehicles as forms of low emissions transport to consider and explore.
This project is supported by the City of Greater Geelong through its 'Environment Sustainability Grant Program.
MG EV project car around town
Look out for the MG EV project car around town ablaze with Geelong Sustainability livery!
We want to spread the word about accelerating to a clean energy future by broadcasting the message via this moving billboard.
This is the future, the future starts here, the future is now!
EV Awareness Activity in 2021
June - July 2021
November -December 2021
EV Car Sharing Trial
We offered a Nissan Leaf EV, introducing the only electric car available for hire on the Car Next Door platform in Geelong. The car was available for hire to the public and it was hosted in Newcomb by long term GS members Viv & Paul.
- Did you know that you can list your car on Car Next Door, helping locals in your neighbourhood who may not have a car - or occasionally need a second car?
- Also earning some income to cover your registration and running costs.
If you rarely drive your car, and could do with some extra $$ or maybe you just want to help keep carbon emissions down, you might like to investigate this neighbourhood car hire platform.