Now out of stock, our wonderful Sustainability Directory was published in September 2015 after an over 2,000 hours of volunteer work. Edition 2 covered the Barwon region, greatly expanding upon the Geelong-focused first edition published in 2013.
The directory resource aligns fully with our aim – to inform, inspire and connect people and with the One Planet Living principles. The second edition has over 500 listings encompassing Geelong, Bellarine, Colac Otway, Golden Plains, Queenscliff and the Surf Coast. Best of all it was FREE! Sadly all 16,000 copies have been circulated.
Edition 2 was an invaluable resource for anyone seeking:
- Reliable sources of information
- To make smarter choices
- Accredited local suppliers
- Connections with their local community.
The good news is that, we’re researching listings for Edition 3 and looking at how best to publish it.
Have a look inside
Click on the image below to open a searchable version. Use the navigation arrows to move to the next page or to a specific page number. Please be patient while the file loads.
Getting a copy
Since 2017, 16,000 copies of the Directory were distributed to the community. Only a few copies now remain. You may be able to find a copy at your local Geelong Regional Library branch or Neighbourhood House. Watch out for Edition 3, due out in 2020!
Geelong Sustainability wishes to thank the following people and organisations:
- Principal partner: the City of Greater Geelong in particular Future Proofing Geelong and the Environment and Waste Departments. Their advance order for 10,000 copies provided the financial platform for the project.
- Council Partners: Environment Departments of Colac Otway Shire and Golden Plains Shire.
- Cr Andy Richards, who officially launched the directory at our September Green Drinks event.
- The many businesses and organisations that advertised and/or listed in the directory.
- Subcontractors: Rachel O’Brien (graphic design) and Fleetwood Print Group.
- Directory Task Group: Vivienne Burke (research), Vicki Perrett (production/editor) and team members – Lauren Penman, Janet Campbell, Noreen Nicholson and John Pearce.