Community Energy provides a great opportunity for local residents to invest in local renewable energy projects and get better than bank returns!
Our community solar investment model will enable community investment in local solar projects. Investors can expect returns that are better than bank interest whilst enabling more clean energy in our region.
Image Credit: Black Rock Solar, Licenced under Creative Commons
How does it work?
- Geelong Sustainability identifies a suitable host site – which could be a business or a community facility – and manages the installation of a solar system,
- Community investors fund the solar system by purchasing shares in the project,
- The host site agrees to lease the use of the solar system from Geelong Sustainability in return for a monthly fee,
- The revenue generated goes back to community investors until the system is paid off,
- And at the end of the term the solar system is handed over to the host site.
Are you keen? We are currently looking for residents and organisations interested in becoming investors in our community solar projects. Register your interest to become a community investor below – Once our community solar investment model is ready to be launched you’ll be the first to know!
If you would like more information please contact Project Coordinator Dan Cowdell, firstname.lastname@example.org