One Planet Living Principle: Sustainable Water - Using water more efficiently in buildings and in the products we buy; tackling local flooding and water course pollution.
Even though we live on the driest populated continent on earth, Australians are the greatest per capita consumers of water globally.
We must respect this precious resource which is so essential to human existence and to functioning ecosystems.
We can all help by reducing the quantity of water we consume and by managing stormwater and wastewater. We can:
- reduce our water usage
- harvest rainfall
- re-use household water, source drought resistant plants
- design water wise gardens
- better manage storm water to benefit the environment
Key information sources
Water saving advice, regulations and rebates
The most up to date advice on how to reduce and re-use household water
Compare products before you buy. The more stars the better!
What size rain water tank do you need?
Further information and local suppliers can be found in the Sustainability Directory
Water - Efficiency & Harvesting
- Advice on Water Efficiency
- Drought Tolerant Plants & Nurseries
- Water Wise garden Designers and Landscapers