Sustainable House Day continues to be our most popular annual event. WHY? Because it gives people the opportunity to see inside houses that have been designed, built, renovated or retro-fitted with sustainability in mind. It's an inspirational event in which people can see and explore the latest building materials, design ideas and technologies. In addition, most homes have technical experts, such as builders, architects and solar designers on-site to explain specific features and answer questions from visitors.
SHD2017 in Geelong and surrounding region is Sunday 15 October - Save the date!
The 2017 program offers an excellent range of properties from newly built energy efficient homes, straw bale construction, off grid homes, permaculture gardens, a regenerative farm and even Geelong's most sustainable new office building.
Houses in & around Geelong will be open 10.00am-2.00pm
1. BANNOCKBURN, Sage Farm: 2011, new 6.5 star home and regenerative farm with animals for kids to see!
2. GEELONG, Ryrie HQ: 2017, renovated office, 5 star Green Star headquarter of Barwon Water
3. HIGHTON: 2017 new 8.2 star, award winning home with views across the Barrabool hills
4. MT DUNEED, Lepus House: 2017 new 8.2 star, off grid, straw bale home
* NOTE: This home is also opening on the national SHD day on Sunday 17 Sept from 10am-4pm.
Houses on the Bellarine will be open 1.00-5.00pm
5. WALLINGTON: 2017 new 7.7 star, off grid family home with Lithium battery
6. DRYSDALE (garden only): 1880s heritage property with expansive productive and Landshare case study
7. DRYSDALE, The Castle: 1960s retrofitted weatherboard home and large productive garden
8. DRYSDALE: 2016 new 7+ star, award winning home and farmstay with worm sewerage and 5Kw solar system
9. MANNERIM: 2009 new 6++ star, off grid, straw bale home and farm with large productive garden and orchard
10. ST LEONARDS, Samphire House: 2015 new 7.5 star compact sustainable home adjoining Edwards Point
NOTE: we’ll be releasing the full address details shortly plus providing a google map reference and QR code to make it easy to find the open houses.
Like to volunteer at an open home? It's lots of fun, you'll meet people and learn heaps!
We are now seeking people to assist homeowners welcoming and marshalling visitors.
MORE INFO/CONNECT: Contact Vicki, our SHD coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0425 802 116.
Facebook: For ongoing news and updates, follow our special Facebook page @SHDgeelong
<<Visit main SHD page>>