Shout out for volunteers to help on SHD2016 on Sunday 16 October
Volunteers are essential for community events especially for major events like Sustainable House Day. Geelong Sustainability sincerely appreciates the community’s support for this ever popular event.
Volunteers are assigned to specific open houses and assist the homeowners by performing the meet & greet role with the public. These duties typically include: chatting to visitors, taking registrations, collecting donations, distributing resources and general crowd control.
We require SHD volunteers to complete a Volunteer Registration Form to capture basic personal information and thereby ensure they are covered by our Voluntary Workers Group Personal Accident Insurance. We also use the info to prepare name badges and report on the number of volunteers involved in this major event.
There are 14 homes opening on Sustainable House Day on Sunday 16th October.
Houses #1-6 will open from 10am-2pm and Houses #7-14 from 1pm-5pm.
1. MANIFOLD HTS, 34 Sydenham Avenue
2. EAST GEELONG, 1 Meakin Street
3. EAST GEELONG, 174-176 Ormond Road
4. THOMPSON, 5 Warren Street (Garden Only)
5. NEWTOWN, 1 Brice Avenue
6. ARMSTRONG CREEK, 7 Rochford Drive
7. WALLINGTON, 445 Wallington Road
8. OCEAN GROVE, 2/23 Kestrel Place [Note: Steep block & steps]
9. ST LEONARDS, 57 Cliff Street
10. ST LEONARDS, 414 Ibbotson Street
11. INDENTED HEAD, 4 Bass Court
12. BANNOCKBURN, 2430 Midland Hwy, Sage Choice Farm
13. INVERLEIGH, 100 Faulkner Road
14. LITTLE RIVER, 20 Devines Road
Download the list of open houses and map for more information.
If you have a particular location where you would prefer to volunteer then nominate the house number(s) and we’ll try to accommodate your preferences.