Geelong Sustainability acknowledges the significant partnerships we have formed with the organisations listed below. Their financial support has been central to the success of many Geelong Sustainability-led projects and events. By proactively building productive partnerships, we believe we can more effectively advocate on local sustainability and environmental issues.
- COGG through the Environment Department has supported Geelong Sustainability to deliver Sustainable House Day in the Geelong region since 2009
- The Environment and Waste Services Department was a principal partner in the publication of the Sustainability Directory in 2015
- Geelong Sustainability is a member of two community advisory panels: Environment Management Strategy and Greenhouse Strategy.
Since its inception, Future Proofing Geelong has provided encouragement and vital financial support for numerous Geelong Sustainability projects including:
- Event coordination of Sustainable House Day in the Geelong region since 2013
- Both editions of our Sustainability Directory published in 2013 and 2015
- Living Greener community courses in 2013
- Renew Geelong Picnic and the Smarter Living Expo in 2014
- Our Living Greener Stand at the Royal Geelong Show in 2015
- Sustainability Victoria provided funding support for our Act on Climate Festival held in 2015
- Sustainability Victoria has invited us to professional development workshops and resources to give away at community events
- In July 2016, Geelong Sustainability became a Founding Community Partner of the State Governments’ new Take 2 initiative
Geelong Connected Communities provided grant monies that were vital to the success of the South Geelong Primary School Solar Project.
The People’s Solar crowd-funding platform and project management was fundamental to the South Geelong Primary School Solar Project.
Geelong Sustainability has formed an affinity partnership with Bank Australia based on our mutual environmental goals. Geelong Sustainability supporters, who are interested in a home loan from a bank that doesn’t and won’t finance fossil fuel projects, should investigate their very competitive home loan rates. We will receive a contribution (0.4% of loan value) when anyone shifts or opens a home loan with Bank Australia.
Since 2013, Mik Aidt and The Sustainable Hour team at community radio station 94.7 FM The Pulse have provided Geelong with a voice for local sustainability issues and a window to what’s happening globally. Geelong Sustainability is delighted to now be the naming sponsor for this program. Follow The Sustainable Hour on Facebook.
To deliver greater benefit to the community, Geelong Sustainability together with the Geelong Library Corporation has entered into a partnership to inform, inspire and connect people through offering Clever Living Seminars in 2018 and 2019. Each seminar showcases industry experts, offering practical ways to survive in a Climate Emergency, within One Planet Living Principles https://www.