Sustainable House Day Geelong 2017
NOTE: you will receive the full address details, plus provided a google map reference and QR code to make it easy to find the open houses when you book below.
Why you should not miss Sustainable House Day?
- Discover that the key to a comfortable, enjoyable, cost-effective home is knowledge not money!
- Get information to lower your home's lower running costs and increase its property value?
- Find out why more stars are worth it!
- Discover the benefits of living in a straw bale house!
- Wander through a well orientated home and feel firsthand the benefits of passive solar design!
- If you are thinking about getting solar or going off grid, then all the properties have solar systems. Several homes will have local accredited designers/installers giving advice.
- If you are looking for energy independence, then you'll be keen to see the battery storage setups.
Geelong Sustainability wishes to sincerely thank the following people and organisations:
- Our wonderful home owners: who have generously offered to open their homes to the public – without them there is no event.
- Our major partners: the City of Greater Geelong’s Environment and Communications Departments for their publicity support and Future Proofing Geelong for the event coordination grant.
- Our major sponsors: Barwon Water, Gordon TAFE, Go Green Glazing, Homes with Integrity, Leap Ltd, Little Constructions, Off Grid Energy Australia, SO'R Construction & Thermosmart Windows
- For regular news and updates, follow our special Facebook page @SHDgeelong
- Attend our October Green Drinks on Wed 11 October, which will showcase the SHD2017 open houses
- From 1 October, you’ll be able to collect SHD maps at regional libraries (not the City) and Council customer service centres.
- Contact Vicki, our SHD coordinator at email@example.com
Will you come along this year – Book below
This event has passed
278 Has Sold