August Green Drinks
Geelong Sustainability is proud to be auspicing Streamline Media in a collaborative project funded through the Port Phillip Bay Fund. At Green Drinks last year we showed their fabulous documentary film, Melbourne Down Under. Anyone who saw this short film was blown away by the spectacular colour and diversity of our marine environment right on our doorstep that could rival tropical reefs. So it’s very exciting that Streamline Media has been funded to produce more films and educational materials about our amazing bay.
Come along to our next Green Drinks on Wednesday 29 August and meet the award winning director, Jarrod Boord and environmental scientist, Leia Howes. They’ll outline the series of creative short films they’ll be producing that will document the Bay’s ecological assets, identify management priority areas and highlight the roles of environmental organisations.
Jarrod and Leia will explain:
- What are the big issues challenging the future health of Port Phillip Bay?
- How the project will engage and empower young and old to safeguard our precious coastal habitat?
- Who are the 20 environmental organisations partnering in the project and what are their specific contributions?
In addition project partner, Simon Branigan from The Nature Conservancy will describe their Great Southern Seascapes program, an innovative conservation project restoring shellfish reefs in the bay. The Nature Conservancy is an international environmental organisation that has been advancing conservation around the world since 1951.
- Jarrod Boord, Director, Streamline Media
- Leia Howes, Production Manager & Environmental Scientist, Streamline Media
- Simon Branigan, Marine Restoration Coordinator, The Nature Conservancy
Don’t delay in securing your place for these informative presentations followed by Q&A panel discussion.
Finger food will be provided and drinks can be purchased at bar prices (without straws).
Bookings are essential as numbers are limited.
The entry fee is $5.00 for non-members and $0.00 for GS members (although we’d appreciate a gold coin donation at the door).
Member Note: You must be logged into our website for it to recognise you and display the discounted (free) rate.
39 in stock
This event has passed
29 Has Sold