The Geelong Childen’s Centre, a not for profit childcare and kindergarten in East Geelong, wanted to explore options for installing a Solar Electricity System.
The Centre had previously had quotes from multiple solar installers and the Centre’s management didn’t know who to trust, what size solar system they should install or what brands of solar products they should choose.
Geelong Sustainability supported the Centre through the process of getting solar, and as a not-for-profit community organisation was able to offer independent, trustworthy advice about Solar and if it was a good option for the Centre.
Geelong Sustainability conducted a solar feasibility assessment and produced a report outlining:
- Optimum solar system type and size: 15kW
- Financial case: 5-year payback
- Other opportunities for reducing energy consumption: Switch to a better tariff, lighting upgrades and behaviour change.
The report was used to explain all the benefits of installing solar to the organisations board of management. The board welcomed the report and contracted Geelong Sustainability again to manage a competitive tender process to assist with the evaluation of solar quotes and the selection of a solar installer.
The Centre had its solar system installed in March 2018 by a local solar company City to Surf Solar+. The staff are thrilled to be working at a clean energy generating workplace, and management are for once looking forward to receiving their next electricity bill!
Solar panels being installed
If you know a local business that uses electricity or hot water, Geelong Sustainability can perform a Solar Feasibility Assessment for the business so that they can benefit too. The service can help local businesses with:
- Independent advice for whether Solar PV or Solar Hot Water is suited for your businesses
- The economic case and payback periods for installing Solar
- What sort of Photovoltaic and/or Solar Hot Water system to install
- Other energy efficiency measures that could save your business money
- What funding sources and government rebates are available
We can make this process very easy for you. We are a not-for-profit community organisation and can offer independent, trustworthy advice about Solar and if it is a good option for your organisation. Please contact Dan Cowdell for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org.