Geelong Sustainability is an apolitical community association and we regularly prepare candidate scorecards for local, state and federal elections. Given the importance of the upcoming Geelong Council elections, Geelong Sustainability decided to survey candidates to ascertain their views, priorities and attitudes. We invited all candidates to participate in an independent online survey. To enable objective analysis and comparison of responses, the survey questions were designed as multiple choice or ranking types finishing with a couple of open questions.
Our questions addressed the following issues:
• Whether they were a member of a registered political party
• How they would engage and consult with their constituents
• How committed they were to the Clever and Creative 30 year vision
• Which community aspirations in the vision were more important from their perspective
• Which One Planet Living principles they thought were the more important
• What was their motivation for standing for Council
• If elected, what were their top 3 priorities
In total 31 responses were received by the closing date from the 53 candidates (58%) although the response rate varied considerably between wards.
• In the Bellarine Ward, 10 of the 13 candidates (77%) completed the survey.
Responses were not received from Naomi ADAMS, Petra GOERSCHEL or Tom ROE.
• In the Brownbill Ward, 13 of the 18 candidates (72%) completed the survey.
Responses were not received from. Jennifer GAMBLE, Charles NEAL, Eddy KONTELJ, Jacki JACKA or Melissa June CADWELL.
• In the Kardinia Ward, only 4 of the 11 candidates (36%) completed the survey.
Responses were not received from Peter OSECKAS, Ron NELSON, Doug MANN, Norman KENNEDY, Pat MURNANE, Elliot C TAYLOR or Mary WALKER.
• In the Windermere Ward, only 4 of the 11 candidates (36%) completed the survey.
Responses were not received from Anthony AITKEN, David WITHINGTON, Greg LACEY, Kylie GRZYBEK, Bronwen Peta BAKER, Moshtagh HEIDARI or Roman KOZACZEK.
Click on your ward to download the summary or full scorecards or to see the survey questions:
*Bellarine Summary Scorecard or the Bellarine Full Scorecard
*Brownbill Summary Scorecard or the Brownbill Full Scorecard
*Kardinia Summary Scorecard or the Kardinia Full Scorecard
*Windermere Summary Scorecard or the Windermere Full Scorecard
Geelong Sustainability hopes that the information provided from our survey assists your decision making.
EDITOR’S NOTE: There was a data download error with Ken Dickens responses in the Windermere Ward. The mistake has now been corrected. Ken Dickens is standing as an Independent and he is not a member of the Liberal Party.